Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Geek Magnet

Went to see a movie with a couple of friends and one of them brought another friend. They are all male. Oh yeah....almost all of my friends are male.

Think it's easier to get along with guys than gals. They are less sensitive about stuff and I don't have to censor myself. i.e. "You look like a slob today. Why did you wear that?"

Could never say that to a female friend. Well,I could, but I would do it in a more polite way. i.e. "Were you in a hurry today? You look a bit disorganized."

Anyways, my friends' friend turned out to be IT geek. Meaning: I know tons of them already and not really interested in knowing more. Do I sound like a snob? Well, I am....sort of. Life is short and I can't be bothered to get to know people who I am not that interested in. Actually, it's not so much that he is an IT geek. I just didn't find him that interesting. There needs to be some common interest or connection, or I don't make any effort. Everyone does that, so why shouldn't I?

The geek IT guy then asked for my number. Was too polite to say "No way." So gave him my card. He did this behind my other friends'backs. My friends had already jumped onto their bus. Messaged my other friends about it later and they thought that was funny.

If he ever contacts me, I will just tell him I am not interested. I hope my male friends have already warned him not to contact me. Ha!

Wow, I sound like a real ego maniac on this blog. Oh well.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home