Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Perils of Eating Black Pepper Crab



Yep, one of the best dishes ever greated by man(or woman) is Black Pepper Crab. Had a craving and invited a friend out for dinner at East Coast Park Seafood Centre. Unfortunately, my favorite crab place, Jumbo Seafood, is still being renovated. So we ate at another restaurant.

Can't remember the name of the place, but turn right as you go in and go all the way to the last restaurant on your right. The food was excellent. But I suggest that you go there before eight or you may have to wait for 10-15 minutes.

So what did we eat? A HUGE Black Pepper Crab, Sambal Mussels, Kai Lan With Garlic, and steamed rice. It was awesome! Loved it. Definitely like BPC better than Chilli Crab. I think that the Chillies kill the crab flavour and is too heavy. Tons of eggs in that dish, so I don't like it that much.

Does anyone know how to eat BPC without making a mess? It is a fairly perilous procedure. Someone could get splattered with crab flesh i.e. my eating partner across the table. Or injured by fragments of broken crab shells.



If you have the secret to eating Black Pepper Crab gracefully, then let me know.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet there IS a better way that us humans have discovered on how to eat crabs without the mess....however, you can bet that the crabs in the pics and his/her relatives would not tell us 'cause with convenience, humans would be eating crabs everyday.

     
  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I think I am addicted to BP crabs now. Wonder how fattening they are.....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home