Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Feeling Free

What is freedom in one's life? Was talking about that with a female friend the other day. I told her that I enjoy my freedom. (we are both single) My family doesn't put much pressure on me and pretty much leaves me alone most of the time. They only ask that I visit them once in a while or ring them up. Actually, they usually ring me before I ring them. We have a good relationship.

My job has a decent working hours. No overtime. Working on weekends is rare. I am not rich, but I can support myself. No bf to take care of or to share decisions with. Travel if I feel like it. Buy whatever I want and when I want.

But how many people can say that about their life? In Singapore, most people seem to spend all of their time working or fulfilling various obligations which they don't care about. Doing what is expected about them. Doing stuff because their families expect them to. Just going through the motions. Not enjoying their life.

I get tired of hearing people complaining about work or their families. Do something about it. Have some guts to stand up for yourself. Why are they choosing to be so unhappy?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I was hoping that my sister would get married soon and have a few kids, but they broke up recently. Sometimes, not actively looking works....but others argue that if you don't look, then nothing will ever happen. Everyone has their own strategy, so who am I to judge?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home