Utterly Indiscreet

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Interesting or Nice

What makes a person interesting to me? I have found if someone talks about work or money most of the time, I find them really boring. Is it their hobbies that make them interesting? Probably not, unless their hobbies are the same as mine which is not likely. Well,....what is it then? Is it something about their personality or some quality that I admire?

I am wondering because I have a lot of friends who come from completely different backgrounds than me. We don't share many common interests either. But I still like them because in the end they are just nice people....people who are sincere and reliable. I can count on them if I need help.

So what's more important? Being interesting or being nice?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I believe that it is the qualities of a person that makes them interesting and nice. I really enjoy differnces in opinions, life styles, cultures. I like to learn about other ways of living and being in the world, other than how I live, through the interactions I have with others who are unlike myself. It would get very boring to me if everyone was just like me. And rather 'scary' at that.
    kl

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Everyone has their own opinion about what makes a person interesting. But if there is no common ground, then how can people understand or relate to each other?

     
  • At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you think about it, we all live in our separate realities anyways. I will never truly know what it is to be you and vice versa. I think people relate to each other as all humans ask themselves these questions regarding why are they here, what is their purpose for being. Humans need to interact with each other as it makes one feel less alone in the great big universe. . .
    kl

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home