Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Should friends tell each other the Truth?

It's strange living in this country sometimes. Everyone is so indirect about stuff. I can't tell if someone likes me or they are just being friendly. I wish I was psychic or something. Or had some kind of mind-reading machine. Just plug in and zap. I know exactly what the other person was thinking.

I also don't understand how some friends cannot warn me about a person whose intentions are not honorable.

I guess it's partly because the friends are being protective or maybe they think that the truth will affect our friendship. Or maybe they didn't think it was important. Anyways, shouldn't that have been up to me to decide?

I think there are some things that should be told even if it's bad news or leads to disappointment. Fortunately, someone else told me the Truth.

Disappointment is part of life and life is too short to get hung up on disappointing people. There are millions of them out there.

And yes, I still consider my friends as friends. Their intentions were good. I just think that the Truth would have been better.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So what was the TRUTH? Sometimes people dont' think its any of their business to interfere with another person's life. of course, there are those who disagree.
    kl

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    The truth was a guy who was with a girl, but hit on the girl's friend without her knowing. The girl's friend didn't want to tell the friend that the guy hit on her when she wasn't looking.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have a question (which you are not obliged to answer of course). Do you know how close the women were? i.e. Was it a tight friendship where each girl's welfare was genuinely and equally important to the other?

    ~ xena

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Yes, they were close and knew a lot of the same people. However, they were not best friends and sort of from two different worlds. Friend are friends, right?

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A married woman I know told me this story:

    One of her female friends from out of town came to visit her. Her husband went to the airport to pick up this friend. In the car, the husband made a pass at the friend. The friend told her friend, the wife, what her husband had done. The wife chose to believe her husband, when he denied it. That was the end of the friendship between the two women.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home