Utterly Indiscreet

Monday, January 09, 2006

Blind Dates

Went on two blind dates recently. Set up by friends who thought they knew me very well. Decided to give the two guys a shot. Here is the conversation with the friends afterwards. Both candidates failed to connect with me.



Conversation about Guy A:

Friend: He is really nice and I have known him for long time. So how was it?

Me: We don't have anything in common and he isn't very outgoing. He didn't talk much. (Subtext: I am not interested and not attracted to him.)

Friend: But maybe you need to get to know him better!

Me: That's not the point. I know myself very well. (Subtext: You don't know what kind of person I like and I am not 20 years old so I know what works for me.)


Conversation about Guy B:

Friend: How did the date go?

Me: We don't have anything in common and he doesn't do anything except work. (Subtext: He's not interesting and doesn't seem to go out much. Geek!)

Friend: I have known him since middle school.

Me: That's nice, but when was the last time you really talked to him? (Subtext: How can you set me up with someone who you don't really know anymore?)

Friend: Two years ago.

Me: What! (Subtext: Are you crazy? He could have been a psycho or something. Plus he is going bald too.)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Because I have been single for ages and they are all happily married and want to convert me. I really like my freedom, so I won't give it up for anyone.

    However, my biological clock is ticking......tick, tick, tick. That's what my parents keep telling me. They are dying for grandkids. Was hoping my sister would have a few soon, but no luck.

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    She is two years younger. She is single again, so not likely there will be a wedding or grandkids soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home