Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Groupies

It's strange but people really become groupies around movie directors. Saw a friend at SIFF and he had to have his picture taken with a particular Japanese director. We got there early for the show and saw him sitting there with an interpreter.

We chatted with him for bit...the director that is. My friend got his autograph too. I could have gotten it, but I I have never really been interested in collecting autographs.

Maybe I just see directors as regular people with a unusual job. Their jobs are a lot more interesting than mine and they get to work with celebrities. But I don't really care.

After the movie, there were a bunch of people (groupies again) around the director. More autographs. A few Japanese fans. Apparently, he is going to Zouk tonight. Maybe he will be inspired by Zouk for his next movie. Not!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    It always suprises me how crazy people become around directors, actors, or singers. When I saw that director, he looked like any other forty something man except he was wearing all black and wearing sunglasses.

    If you took away his costume he is like everyone else except his job is not your typical job.

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I guess people always think that other people have a better life than them.

    The grass is always greener on the other side.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home