Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Do you have patience?

Maybe it's because I get tired of the inconsiderate people around me all the time or Singapore is so small and everyone lives so close together, but sometimes I really lose my temper and patience.

I try to let things go and not let other people's actions get on my nerves, but sometimes I immediately react with anger. If it's someone being really noisy, then I tell them to be quiet. Especially in a movie theatre. Actually, I would even yell at them to shut up if they keep making noise.

I didn't used to be so intolerant. Or maybe I encounter more rude people here. I should try to be more calm before reacting.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Well, I refrained from yelling at a pair of teenagers at a movie the other night. They kept making lots of noise by eating something from a loud plastic bag. I hung on for about 30 minutes and then I mentioned to my friend who was sitting between me and the teenagers that they were being too noisy.

    He promptly grabbed their bag and put it under his seat. There was not a peep from them after that.

    It was a nice move. Did not cause a scene and no yelling was required. I don't know if that strategy would work for me. It helps to have a guy at the movies.

    Unreal: Not sure if I am ready to commit to a bike. Maybe I should just get my licence first and then decide? How long would that take?

     
  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Thanks for the advice. Will think about it. Might have to move house, so need to think about the cost some more.

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Great. Think I should wait a little longer to take the course? I don't even have a driver's license for a car. Well...not for this country.

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Great. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home