Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, April 22, 2006


I am really thinking about getting my bike license though I still think it's really really dangerous riding in this country. But I am considering riding to work because my office is moving and I don't want to take the bus for over an hour every day.

Heard it would only take 20 minutes if I drove. But a car is too expensive. It's a waste of money too. COE for a car is ridiculous. Rather spend my hard earned money on something else.

Any advice? Unreal? Good driving school? Do you have life insurance? What happens if you get into an accident.


  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    That depends on where you stay really. If you're staying in the West side, there's really no point in you coming all the way to the East innit? Just that the driving centre in Ubi really good.

    Yep, and the COE of a car alone can probably buy you 2 brand new bikes, with COEs included.

    I have the cheapest kind of insurance available, heh......

    If accidents ain't that bad, you can always settle in out of courts, or else, call them cops and let them do the work.

    I can see that a scooter will fit you, how 'bout one with a roof? No rain worries......

  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    A scooter? I think they are kind of whimpy.....though one of my friends has a really huge one.

    Any driving centres in the west? Is that traffic really okay going from west to east through Clementi?

  • At 12:44 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Some scoots are cute while some spells muscle, it really depends on what you are looking for. But most, if not all, are in the form of autos, meaning no gear shifting needed.

    Then the decision comes, do you want a sportsbike, a naked/street bike, a scooter, a cruiser, or a dirtbike? Strictly for transport? Or do you want to play once in a while? Playing-wise, do you like high speed fly-bys or do you like riding through all sorts of terrain to go to different places where cars and other roadies can't go? Or just cruising without giving a shit about anything else that's happening?

    The one in the West is at Bukit Batok, or BBDC. But what I've been told is that they are really strict over there so passing ain't all that easy. Traffic there seems fine to me though.

    Ponder ponder........

  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Yikes! A lot of things to think about. Can I just take the course first and then decide? What are the course components?

  • At 5:28 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Bukit Batok, 13 lessons. Ubi, 8 lessons.

    Details-wise, I don't really know about the BBDC one but the one in Ubi has got 4 Theory lesson, 1 RTT test to get you legalized for the road outside the training. Practicals 1 to 5 are conducted within the circuit. Practical 6 onwards, outside the circuit. For Prac 6 and above, your RTT die die must pass, else they can't put you on the road. You can do the theory lessons and the RTT during your Practicals 1 to 5.

  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    What do you do when it rains? Can you still ride? It's been really pouring lately. That's one big problem with having a bike.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home