Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Passion or Obsession

When does a passion or hobby become an obsession? When you start neglecting your friends, family, or other things in your life? I recently realized that someone I know is too into one hobby. He doesn't seem to do anything else except work and pursue his passion. I don't think he has any friends and his family is not here.

I think it's good to have a passion for something....something that you really like to do as long as it doesn't hurt yourself or others. But when someone is too into something, then isn't that unhealthy? Shouldn't he have more balance in his life?

It's probably none of my business....but I have to wonder. It's not normal to spend so much time on one thing, right?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger aberwyn said...

    to the person into it, it is probably passion in all scenerios. to those around him/her who gets affected by it negatively, its obsession.

    your idea of a 'balanced life' and his is probably different.well, to me i think as long as the person invovled is happy, just let him be.

    just my 2cts worth.

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Well...he doesn't have any friends and schedules everything around his hobby. Isn't that bad?

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I guess so. He isn't doing anything illegal or immoral. And he can still talk to me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home