Utterly Indiscreet

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Men are Scared

Made dinner for a friend the other night and we got talking about the men in Singapore. He thought that Singaporean men were immature and that's why I should never date one. He's Singaporean too, but studied in the UK. He came back a couple of years ago and wants to go overseas again.

According to him, if I am too direct or assertive I could scare the guys away. My point is that if I just waited, nothing would happen because the guy does not have enough confidence to ask me out. He said I have to pretend I am in secondary school because that's how emotionallly immature guys are. They like to be in control. That's riduculous and silly.

Are men really that scared and insecure?

7 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Well, that depends on you wanna look at it. Look at it all with an open mind and all things will still be fine. Looking at it all with the words your friend said in your mind and all things will suck. I have nothing against how you friend think but what's your solo opinion on it? Like I've said before, things don't happen for anyone, one has to make things happen. Let's say, you like a person, make it known to him, and if he turns out to be a pig, leave. Simple innit?

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I just be myself. I am too old to be playing stupid high school dating games. It's immature. If guys don't lke it, then too bad for them.

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Nah, you ain't too old, people are only as old as they feel. Perhaps people like you and I just can't be bothered anymore. Actually, I can't even be bothered to make anything happen.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Then you don't mind being alone?

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    I do, everyone does, but I'm 'tired', y'know? Sick of it, can't be bothered to do anything about it. If it happens, it happens. I know it's contradicting to what I've said about making things happen, but I won't actively go out and 'search' anymore, maybe I've got the "anybody wants, just take" thinking now......

    Depressing innit?

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    There's no need to be depressed. I think everyone has a destiny and for some of us that may not include getting married or in a relationship.

    The older I get, the less tolerant I am of certain flaws because time is short and I don't want to waste time feeling stressed about someone.

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    That too, I agree with you totally.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home