Utterly Indiscreet

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Men are Scared

Made dinner for a friend the other night and we got talking about the men in Singapore. He thought that Singaporean men were immature and that's why I should never date one. He's Singaporean too, but studied in the UK. He came back a couple of years ago and wants to go overseas again.

According to him, if I am too direct or assertive I could scare the guys away. My point is that if I just waited, nothing would happen because the guy does not have enough confidence to ask me out. He said I have to pretend I am in secondary school because that's how emotionallly immature guys are. They like to be in control. That's riduculous and silly.

Are men really that scared and insecure?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I just be myself. I am too old to be playing stupid high school dating games. It's immature. If guys don't lke it, then too bad for them.

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Then you don't mind being alone?

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    There's no need to be depressed. I think everyone has a destiny and for some of us that may not include getting married or in a relationship.

    The older I get, the less tolerant I am of certain flaws because time is short and I don't want to waste time feeling stressed about someone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home