Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Morbid Curiousity ie. Bus Accident

I was walking home and I heard a huge crash. Then I turned around and saw a bus on fire on Upper Bukit Timah. I think a white car had crashed the barrier and hit another car and the bus which had just pulled out of the bus shelter. Not sure of the bus number. I can't help wondering if it was the bus that I had just gotten off of.

I called the police, but they already knew. People were already getting out of the bus. Anyways, of course everyone slowed down to watch. Neighbours were standing on the pavement looking at the smoke and fire.

I even saw some drivers get out of their cars and record the scene on their cameras. Made me think how sick some people are. Someone could have been killed and they are recording the accident. Morbid curiousity, I guess.

This also led me to think about the news. Isn't this what they do all of the time? Record accidents and other disasters?

I am sure that the whole event will be on youtube in an hour. Or even posted on Channel News Asia site which has a special page for civilians to post any news they spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home