Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Guy Should Pay the Bill

Read an article in The Sunday Times today discussing the opinion that some men think Singaporean women are cheap because they expect the guy to always pay the bill.

Am I old fashioned?

I think the guy should pay the bill. I am not cheap. I work, so it's not a money issue. If a guy takes me on a date, then he should pay for everything. That's how I feel. I am not really sure why. Maybe I want to believe that the guy can take care of me? But I can take care of myself. What does take care of mean? It's more than money but on a date, it ends up being money?

However, if I keep going out with him, then I would offer to go dutch. I would probably even pay the whole bill occassionally.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I must be old fashioned. I think the guy should always pay until the girl offers to. It doesn't matter who asked who out unless it is some special thing like a play or something.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Xena said...

    I don't think it's about being old fashioned. It's a gentlemanly thing to do. Especially if it's a DATE and it's the FIRST date. If the guy doesn't think he is obliged to pay, then he shouldn't call it a date and he shouldn't expect anything 'more' either from merely 'hanging out as friends'.

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Good point. I have to agree. If a guy asked you out and didn't pay, what would you think?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home