Utterly Indiscreet

Friday, February 03, 2006

It's Not ER

I ended up going to the emergency room at a hospital a couple of days ago. Will not name the hospital for fear of being sued. But it sucked. Fortunately, they let me into the inner waiting area and gave me a seat after I registered with the nurse. There were eight other ladies there, most were over 50, lying in beds.

So there was a lot of waiting around. Waiting for a nurse to check my vitals. Waiting for a doctor to examine me. Waiting for medicine. Got a shot in the arm from a nurse. That hurt like hell.

There were only 2 or 3 nurses and 1 or 2 young looking doctors. Are they even real doctors? They look like they are fresh out of medical school or something.

So had to stay around for another 4 hours to see if I could go home. Doctor came back and said I could go. But then I had to wait for another hour and half to get discharged. Really sucked. I just wanted to go home to sleep in my own bed.

However, the hospital were pretty fast and taking my payment for the services and medicine.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Ellipsis said...

    i think i know which hospital this is.;)

    all that's in this entry mirrors the exact same experience i had not too long ago; too much waiting indeed.

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Yep, hospital here have pretty terrible service. Oh yeah....never once did anyone offer me water to drink. Shouldn't that be standard procedure??

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home