Utterly Indiscreet

Friday, February 17, 2006

How can people spend so much on a wedding?

I have been planning a company event.... dinner and dance. It's pretty easy. Venue, menu, decorations, entertainment, invitations,photographer, and music.

It costs close to $10,000 dollars for 100 guests.

So it got me thinking. How can couples spend so much money on their weddings?

Sure, I am not booking a 5 star hotel, but how do people waste so much money for one evening? I guess there is the wedding party's clothes and church ceremony, but still.....

How do people spend over $20,000 on a wedding?

All you really need is decent food, a few flowers, and entertainment.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I think of most weddings as shows and not much fun. They are a chance for families to show off and the couples look stressed.

    I say just ROM and have a nice party.

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Weddings should be fun. Not just a a way for the parents to show how rich they are.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home