Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Moving on

How do you know when it's time to move on? i.e. to another company or another country. I am here because of my job. I have worked in several other countries as well, but lately I have been feeling that I really don't fit into my company and maybe it's time to find another job or even another country. Find a job in a country that I am interested in.

The downside is starting over. i.e. Making new friends (which isn't easy at my age) and still being able to do things that I like. But I never let the cons worry me too much. It wouldn't be the first time that I had to start over.

Starting over is sometimes good. New environment, new challenges, new people.

Decisions, decisions.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger aberwyn said...

    Personally I feel that if you dread going to work every morning, it is time to move on. Change is inevitable, even though age does make one more resistent to it.
    The main obstacle is fear of the unknown, of starting over, of rediscovering the environment. Might help if one were to dig within oneself and awake the curious explorer.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Actually, work itself is okay. But now, I am a bit bored of Singapore and finding that the company culture does not suit me as well as it should. Some of my collegues have moved onto to greener pastures like Europe and the Middle East.

    There is no perfect company, but there may be a better fit.

    So many countries to experience and not enough time to do it.

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I don't feel like I am slogging. Just feel that my work can be more challenging if I move to another country or company.

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I think it's because there aren't many social services in this country. Especially for the working class. All of the MPs come from the middle class or they are rich.

    What do they know about people who live in HDB or have to work every day to survive? They don't have to worry about who is going to take care of them when they get old.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home