Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pretty is not enough

Went to a visit a friend's school. Let's call him P. He's a teacher at a neighbourhood secondary school. Was quite impressed. They specialize in the Arts, so there were lots of performances and examples of student work. There was a group of boys who were very happy to talk to me about their inventions. (They also have a robotics program.) They were quite clever.

Anyways, P and I went for a drink after. As usual, we catch up on what's been going on at work etc. Then P says what he always says, "Why is a pretty lady like you still not married? I don't get it."

Here's our conversation:

P: How come you aren't meeting any men?

Me: Don't know.

P: You're pretty, so I don't get it. It's a mystery!

Me: I keep telling you that being pretty is not enough (sounding slightly annoyed
because I have told P this a zillion times). I have to connect with the person.

P: What's going on? What happened?

Me: Nothing. Nothing happened. I am fun, smart, interesting, and do lots of things.
I am okay by myself.

P: That's what I mean. How come you are still alone?? (sounding more annoyed than
I am)

A few minutes later....

P: When was the last time you had a date?

Me: Erm....last year.

P: What!!

Me: Think it was like November 2005.

P: What happened?

Me: Nothing. Our schedules just didn't match and we weren't interested in each other
enough.

P: When was the last time you had sex?

Me: Last year. What about you? When was the last time you had sex with your wife?
(trying to turn things around and avoid further interogation)

P: 3 months ago.

Me: Holy Cow! That long ago! Why?

P: We are too busy.

Me: That's a stupid reason. I have an excuse because I am single. But you are
married!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Now, I really don't understand how he can be married. They have been married for about five years.

    Is this normal? Sex drive dies after getting hitched?

    I think it's terrible. I think intimacy and physical attraction is really important when you are dating someone or married to them.

    Never been married though...but hope this never happens to me.

    As I told my friend, when a couple stops having sex it's not a good sign.

     
  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger aberwyn said...

    The next step of the equation will be your married friend trying to set you up with one of his friends.
    Friends are like that. They want to drag all the friends into the hellhole to suffer with them.

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Well...I keep asking him if he knows any eligble guys, but my standards are high.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home