Utterly Indiscreet

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

CCTV on the Bus

I think I saw CCTV cameras on 171 bus yesterday. There was this weird thing on the inside of the bus above the windows. It looked like a round bubble thing sticking out of the ceiling of the bus. There was another at the front of the bus and a third at the back. I think they are cameras.

Will the cameras reduce violence on buses? I remember reading a story about a man who was being beaten by another man on the bus and passengers just watching and not helping. He was finally rescued by another Indian passenger.

Actually, I am hoping that the cameras will make people behave better. I am sick of people who have their music cranked up so loud that everyone can hear. It's really annoying. I yelled at a couple of kids at the back of the bus last week. I said, "Who has their music on so loud? We don't really need to hear it, so turn it down!" The culprit turned down the volume after that.

Why do people have such bad manners on the bus? It's as bad as going to see a movie when phones keep going off or people have conversations on their phone.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I think it's kind of pathetic that society has to rely on cameras or spying to get people to behave in a civil way towards each other. What does that say about society here?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home