Utterly Indiscreet

Friday, August 04, 2006

Vanity

I am getting more vain as I get older. I have started using proper skincare products so I will look better. Using sunblock everyday too, so I don't get wrinkles and skin cancer.

Not sure when this happened. I am a low maintenance person. I don't spend tons of money on cosmetics, facials, hair treatments, and pedicures. I have managed to ignore the constant attack of ads and products which make you want to have brighter and whiter skin. They aren't cheap either!

Are women here more vain than women in N.America? Why does everyone want whiter skin? Is it supposed to make you look younger? Or is there something else. Do Asian women want skin like Caucasian women?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    But you gotta be careful. You might get skin cancer or lots of wrinkles when you get older. I agree that looking too pale can make you look anemic or some girl from one of those Jap horror movies. Ack!

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

    WHAT???? Tanned skin looks healthy???? You're a victim of marketing. I used to feel that way myself, along with millions of others, but now we know that suntanning is just plain stupid.
    It's sad - people with white skin used to want to have brown (tanned) skin; people with brown/black skin want white skin. (all the whitening lotions for sale these days in Asia...)

     
  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Tanned skin means potential skin cancer and tons of wrinkles in tshe future.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home