Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Getting Lost at Vivo City

Have you been to the super huge mall called Vivo City? It is the largest mall in Singapore. I am not joking. You can really get lost there. It is so crowded too. Located right above Harbour Front MRT.

There are a few new stores that are attracting attention like Gap and Bear and Pull. There is a 15 hall Golden Village with its own arthouse hall called Cinema Europa.

I think it is going to be busy there all the time. It's quite wide on the ground floor but narrow on the second.

Do we really need another mall? I like shopping, but not all the time.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    True, but I'll say that MidValley's MegaMall is a lot bigger. But the thing is, MidValley don't have all those little lorongs like Vivo City does and it's quite hard to get lost there. I nearly lost my mind trying to find the boys' room.

    But the Japanese food in the foodcourt at the second basement is pretty good for it's price. I've been to Vivo a few times just for that.

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I went to a place called Candy Empire in the basement last night. Was going to the MRT after seeing a movie. It was jam packed of people buying chocolates and cookies etc. Couldn't resist. Bought like $10 of stuff. Lot of imported sweets from Australia.

    Have to agree that there needs to be a lot more signage. The mall is so long that it's hard to tell where things are....

     
  • At 12:10 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Very near, I went into this Self-Fix place right in front of this Vivo-Mart and went bonkers in there. I'm a guy and that's a hardware store, I'm sure you know what I mean.

     
  • At 9:35 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    What's with the name of this place? People don't know how to pronounce it. I read that it's Italian and you are supposed to say it "vee-vo". But they could have come up with something that is easier for people to figure out.

    I like some of the clothing shops there, but I can't deal with the crowds.

     
  • At 11:43 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Yep, "Veee-Voh", that's what it is. The crowds are insane, especially when you wanna get something to eat.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home