Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, December 16, 2006

More Marriages

Weird. Lately, there has been a ton of my friends (friends who have been single for ages) who have gotten married. There is even one Japanese lady who is in her late fifties who got married for the first time. She never dated when she was younger. Her mother died when she was young and she had to take care of her father and younger brothers. Good for her. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

On the other hand, I kind of like my freedom. Once you get married, you become a team. You can't just make decisions by yourself and only think of yourself. I don't know if I would be a good compromiser. I have some definite ideas on things and my own routine.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I am not in any rush though most of my friends who are my age are married or attached now.

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Agreed though some people seem to know right away when they met the right one.

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I guess....I have this idea that marriages are supposed to be teamwork.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    My friend who just got married a few months ago and is 58. I asked her why and she said she was okay being alone for years. But then she decided that she needed a companion because she is going to retire at 60.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I guess when you get older, you don't want to be alone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home