Utterly Indiscreet

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Good intentions

People have to be careful when they try to help someone. Even though they believe that they are giving someone support and trying to be their friend, sometimes it is better to leave them alone. Let the family and doctors deal with the problem.

Not everyone can be fixed when they are broken. Leave things to the professionals. One may unintentionally do more harm than good. Don't do anything that you really are not qualified to do.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I just think everyone thinks they are a counsellor. If someone has a real mental problem, they should go to a doctor. Friends should not be giving advice.

     
  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Hear, Hear!

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I think some women talk way too much. I get tired of hearing them complain about stuff. I eventually, tune out and stop listening.

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I don't respond that much if it's in a group situation. They don't notice. But if it's one on one, then it's hard to pretend to pay attention.

    Actually, I have a male friend who talks way too much too. If he's really getting on my nerves, I just walk away and talk to someone else if I can. I am trying not to tell him to "shut up." We are always in a group so it's easier to tune him out.

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Agreed. Now I try not to get into one on one situations with people who drive me nuts.

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I guess so. But I really try to avoid too much contact with people who get on my nerves. I am not patient or tolerant enough to deal with them.

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    like what? you have to wash your hair or feed your cat or something?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home