Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Singapore's Halloween

Halloween is catching on in Singapore. In N. America, kids would dress up in costumes and knock on doors asking for "tricks or treats" on Halloween night which is October 31st. This is fun if you live in an area that has lots of young children.

People would make jack-o-latterns(pumpkins with carved faces on them) and place candles inside of them for display. Some of the parents would even answer the doorbell in costume to give out candy on Halloween night. Sometimes, there are even fireworks launched from a neighbour's front yards.

In this country, Halloweeen is mostly for ex-patriots. The parents go around their condo or houses on their street with their kids in costumes asking for treats. Or if you are an adult, you wear some freaky costume and go out to one of the parties at the clubs.

What are you going to be for Halloween?

6 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    What happened to the mice in the tank? Were they someone's pets?

     
  • At 7:30 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    That's good. Guess the bar can't just keep them there all the time. Makes me want to get my own. The pictures were cute.

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Now I really want to get a mouse, hamster,rabbit or something....

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Are rabbits any fun? I think they just sit and wiggle their noses? Never had one before. Might be ok to keep one in my place.

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I love cats, but I am worried about the furniture and rugs. Most of the stuff in my place is not mine....the owners.

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I still think it's risky since I am only renting my place....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home