Utterly Indiscreet

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Singapore's Halloween

Halloween is catching on in Singapore. In N. America, kids would dress up in costumes and knock on doors asking for "tricks or treats" on Halloween night which is October 31st. This is fun if you live in an area that has lots of young children.

People would make jack-o-latterns(pumpkins with carved faces on them) and place candles inside of them for display. Some of the parents would even answer the doorbell in costume to give out candy on Halloween night. Sometimes, there are even fireworks launched from a neighbour's front yards.

In this country, Halloweeen is mostly for ex-patriots. The parents go around their condo or houses on their street with their kids in costumes asking for treats. Or if you are an adult, you wear some freaky costume and go out to one of the parties at the clubs.

What are you going to be for Halloween?

13 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    I didn't give a shit really, I just went to Wrench with my regular self. Can't find someone who can do good gothic makeup, that's why. And if I actually do it myself, I'll probably take a week to get it right.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    What happened to the mice in the tank? Were they someone's pets?

     
  • At 1:46 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Think someone took 'em home, I'm not sure. But I was told that they are alive and well.

     
  • At 7:30 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    That's good. Guess the bar can't just keep them there all the time. Makes me want to get my own. The pictures were cute.

     
  • At 2:59 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    They were way way cuter when they're in your hands, trust me. They looked so so fragile and it made me feel that I could kill someone if that person attempts to even harm them.

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Now I really want to get a mouse, hamster,rabbit or something....

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Gerbils are really cute, I used to keep them....

     
  • At 6:40 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Are rabbits any fun? I think they just sit and wiggle their noses? Never had one before. Might be ok to keep one in my place.

     
  • At 1:48 AM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Keep a cat, they're really really nice with loads of character.

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I love cats, but I am worried about the furniture and rugs. Most of the stuff in my place is not mine....the owners.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    There are some scratch-poles for cats that have a certain scent whicih will attrach the cats there to scratch them instead of the furniture. And that scent,or smell, is not noticeable to human.

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    I still think it's risky since I am only renting my place....

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Unreal said...

    Guess so, I've since the amount of 'rags' some of my friends wrap around the legs of their furniture because of their cats. Kinda cute 'cause they'd rather go through all that and still keep their cats.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home