Utterly Indiscreet

Friday, May 19, 2006

Goodbye to a Collegue

I just got the news on Friday moring that a collegue has died. It was very sudden. She was only in her thirties. She was on medical leave for most of last year, but returned to work this year because she was doing better. But our schedules didn't really match, so I hardly saw her this year. I didn't even know that she was going to take 2 weeks medical leave to get chemotherapy.

She checked into the hospital because she felt sick and died from cardiac arrest.

I think her death is a reminder to us.....that life is short. That any of us can die at any time. Also, there is a reason why things happen.

There was supposed to be a big event on Friday night. Even though most of us were still in shock and sad, we went ahead with it. We felt that she would have been embarassed or felt guilty if we had cancelled it because of her.

Anyways, we will all miss her. I am sure she is in a better place.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger indiscreet said...

    Thanks for your concern. I am going to her funeral with a couple of other colleagues tonight. She was Christian. I didn't know that until after she died.

    I used to chat with her a bit whenever I ran into her at work. I can't say that I knew her very well or hung out with her outside of work, but she was a nice person.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home